Americans react after fly landed on Mike Pence’s head and remained there during the US Vice Presidential debate

A fly landed on US Vice President, Mike Pence’s head during the vice presidential debate last night, October 7 and it has become the star of the show as most viewers are commenting on it.

As Mike Pence went head-to-head with Kamala Harris during the debate, the fly perched on Pence’s head for over one minute.

Viewers quickly took to social media to talk about the fly while using the opportunity to slam Mike Pence.

Beyonce’s mum, Tina Knowles Lawson shared a photo of the fly on Mike Pence’s head and wrote:

Flies are attracted to all types of Sh_t including bullsh_t!!!!”

Sarah Jessica Parker wrote: “Is that a fly???? On his head. I think that is a fly. Not sure if anyone else is watching. Or caught that. Hmmm…”

Is that a fly???? On his head. I think that is a fly. Not sure if anyone else is watching. Or caught that. Hmmm…”

Pete Souza, former White House photographer during Obama’s tenure, shared photos of Barack Obama swatting a fly and compared him to Mike Pence.

He wrote:

A POTUS who was also the fly-swatter-in-chief. ?

#VOTETheWayYOUSeeIt because we can’t have a VP who has a fly land on his head and lets it sit there for like three minutes.”

Americans react after fly landed on Mike Pence

Americans react after fly landed on Mike Pence

Americans react after fly landed on Mike Pence

Tagged : / / / /

2023: I’ll build a 20th century economy if Nigerians make me President- Orji Uzor Kalu

Senate chief whip, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has vowed to build a 21st century economy if Nigerians make him president in 2023.

In December 2019, the Lagos federal high court convicted the chief whip of money laundering to the tune of N7.1 billion.

Kalu was released from the Kuje Correctional Centre in June after spending five months in prison.

Orji Kalu said this on a programme at a radio station in Umuahia, Abia state capital, while speaking on his presidential ambition in 2023.

He said:

Yes, if you give me the presidency, why not, I will take. I am capable of doing the job.

“The problem is who is capable of doing the job. For now, I am focusing on my constituency; there is a lot of job to be done.

“If you give me opportunity, I will like to go back to the Senate for a second term, but if the people of Nigeria want me to be president, they will show the hand. I can do the job. I can build a 21st century economy for our people.”

Tagged : / /

Ronaldinho finally released after spending five months in detention over a forged passport in Paraguay


Talented Brazilian footballer, Ronaldinho,has been released from jail after spending five months in Paraguayan detention over a forged passport.

Judge Gustavo Amarilla also released Ronaldinho’s brother Roberto de Assis Moreira, who also had been held for a month in jail and another four months under house arrest in a hotel in Paraguay’s capital, Asuncion, for the same charge.

The 40-year-old former World Cup winner “is free to travel to whatever country in the world he wants but he must inform us if he changes his permanent residence” for a period of one year, the judge said

“He has no restrictions except for the fulfilment of reparations for damage to society.

Dressed in jeans, a black beret and black shirt, Ronaldinho accepted the terms of his release, which include payment of $90,000 damages. His brother, who is also Ronaldinho’s business manager, must pay $110,000.

The pair are also expected to appear before a judge in Brazil every three months — Ronaldinho for a year and his brother for two.

The former Barcelona player was detained alongside his brother Roberto de Assis Moreira on March 6, after they were accused of entering Paraguay in possession of false passports.

They spent a month behind bars before paying a $1.6 million bail and being released to house arrest at the plush Palmaroga Hotel in the historic centre of the Paraguayan capital Asuncion.

Judge Gustavo Amarilla has fixed August 24 to hear the case against the brothers.

Prosecutors have submitted a proposal to the judge that would see Ronaldinho, 40, pay a $90,000 fine “to repair social damage” but be allowed to return home to Brazil where he would have to appear before a judge every three months for a year.

Ronaldinho denies having any knowledge the passports were fake.

His brother who allegedly knew about the false passports would have to pay a $110,000 fine and appear before a judge every three months for two years.

Prosecutors also asked for a two-year suspended prison sentence for Roberto de Assis Moreira, who is also Ronaldinho’s business manager.

The brothers arrived in Paraguay on March 4 without any issues, with Ronaldinho, 2005 Ballon d’Or winner, due to take part in an event in support of disadvantaged children.

However, shortly after their arrival, the pair were taken into police custody when investigators raided their hotel following the discovery they had fake documents.

The investigation has since expanded into a case of possible money laundering.

Tagged : / / /

At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon’s capital Beirut (Photos)

At least 50 people have been killed and over 2,500 injured after a massive explosion erupted in the Beirut port area, damaging buildings and vehicles in Lebanon.

Lebanon’s health minister, Hamad Hassan said that the figures were “preliminary estimates,” while adding that the blasts had caused a ‘very high number of injuries’ and huge damage.

“It is a disaster in every sense of the word,” he said in an interview with several television channels while visiting a hospital in the Lebanese capital.

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

The explosion happened at around 6pm local time at the city’s port, where warehouses are believed to contain explosive materials.

Dramatic footage posted on social media shows smoke billowing from a building in the port area before an enormous fireball explodes into the sky, sending a vast shockwave across the city that was heard and felt as far away as Cyprus – more than 200km (180 miles) away.

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

The afternoon explosion destroyed several vehicles and buildings including the house of former PM Saad Hariri, who has been confirmed safe by his party.

Beirut’s Hotel Dieu Hospital is said to have admitted more than 500 wounded patients and no longer receiving more, while Lebanon’s Red Cross confirmed many others were still trapped in their homes.

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

General Security chief Abbas Ibrahim said: ‘It appears that there is a warehouse containing material that was confiscated years ago, and it appears that it was highly explosive material.’

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

Prime Minister Hasan Diab has declared Wednesday, August 5, a day of mourning, and President Michel Aoun called for ‘urgent’ defence council talks.

Israel has denied any involvement amid escalating tensions with the militant group Hezbollah along the country’s southern border.

See more photos and watch the video below.

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon
Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon
Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

Tagged : / /

Tottenham midfielder, Eric Dier banned for four matches and fined £40, 000 after jumping into crowd to confront a fan

England and Tottenham midfielder, Eric Dier has been banned for four matches and fined £40,000 for jumping into the crowd to confront a fan following his club’s FA Cup defeat to Norwich City.

The 26-year-old was left furious after a penalty shootout loss to the Canaries in their fifth-round tie at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in March. In an attempts to protect his brother who he noticed was being abused by an angry fan, he left the pitch and entered the stands.

There was no physical exchange between Dier and the angry fan, but the Football Association has now sanctioned the footballer who admitted his actions were ‘improper’ but denied that they were also ‘threatening.’

FA opted to punish Dier for a breach of rule E3.

It said in a statement:

Eric Dier has been suspended for four matches with immediate effect, fined £40,000 and warned as to his future conduct following a breach of FA Rule E3.

The Tottenham Hotspur FC player admitted that his actions at the conclusion of a fixture against Norwich City FC in the FA Cup on March 4, 2020, were improper but denied that they were also threatening.

“An independent Regulatory Commission subsequently found Eric Dier’s actions to be threatening.”

The punishment rules Dier out from Spurs’ upcoming games against Bournemouth, Arsenal, Newcastle, and Leicester, and he will only be available for the club’s last game of the season against Crystal Palace.

Tagged : / / /

The President of United States Donald Trump, Twitter at war over free speech

The President of United States (US) Donal Trump on Wednesday, May 27, threatened to close down the micro-blogging site, Twitter, including all social media platforms.

This threat came from President Donal Trump after he was fact-checked by Twitter following his comment on Tuesday, May 26, that mail-in ballots could encourage fraudulent activities.

Showing his displeasure by the site’s position that his tweet lacked evidence to prove this, The Us president asked social media platforms to clear up their act immediately.

Trump noted that there is a general feeling in the Republican party that social media is out to silence the voices of conservatives.
In another tweet on Wednesday, May 27, he promised to regulate the platforms or even close them down.

He said:

Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen. “We saw what they attempted to do, and failed, in 2016. We can’t let a more sophisticated version of that happen again.”

Tagged : / /

COVID-19: 15 Chinese medical experts are in our care, says CCECC


China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) has revealed that the 15 Chinese medical experts that arrived in the country on Wednesday, April 8 are in the company’s care.

This was disclosed by the managing director of the company, Mr Michael Yigao on Monday, May 18 while speaking to journalists.

According to Vanguard, he said the experts came into the country to share their experiences in fighting the COVID-19.

He said:

The team had a telecast meeting with the Minister of Health and some doctors around the country and shared their experience in China on how they’re fighting the virus and the meeting was very positive.

“They are here with us and have continued to teach our staff how to protect themselves because protection and prevention are more important than the treatment.

“Most of the workers understand the situation now and they know the risk, so they follow the proper procedures and cooperate with their instructors,” he said.

“Right now, commercial flight to China is not open, but when flights are open again, we’re considering the team going back to China.

“In a big country like Nigeria, it can be a bit difficult to control a pandemic because you will have to make all the people of such a large country understand that it is serious and real thing.

“I think Nigeria is taking this very seriously and you can see it in the implementation of the lockdown and the suspension of international flights etc.

“And like other companies in Nigeria, we will do whatever we can to help the country, like building treatment centres and training people on how to handle the virus”.

Tagged : / / /